08 Sep Ten sustainability tips for your office
Coworking is becoming highly popular every passing day, as more individuals and small start-ups find it easy to start working in this environment. There are minimal costs, you have all the necessary equipment readily available, and you can begin working immediately. Coworking spaces are up in various places worldwide, and it is continuously shaping the future of work. Sustainability is an essential concern for these offices to ensure people can make the best use of them. Here are a few tips:
- Location: when setting up a coworking space, one must make sure the location is central, easily accessible and in a good locality. CoSpace has located their offices in prime locations in Karachi so that people from all over the city can access them easily.
- Equipment: initially you should have essential office equipment like desks, conference paraphernalia, printers etc. Also, it would help if you kept in mind the growing needs of professionals and update as required.
- Facilities: there should be a coffee and snack station at the office so that people can have these readily available without stepping out.
- Security and safety: every office should have specific security measures like guards and general safety measures like fire alarms in place to ensure smooth functioning.
- Environment: this is one of the critical success factors of a coworking space, you should carefully plan it to suit individuals and creative thinkers yet have a professional feel to strike a perfect balance. CoSpace has multiple options like shared desks, private rooms where you can choose according to your preference.
- Recreational area: this should be a small but highly significant area in coworking spaces where people can unwind and socialize with each other to grow their network.
- Maintenance: this again is vital sustainability factor, as you can easily set up an office, but without proper maintenance, everything can go erratic. You can have regular checks to ensure all the equipment, electronics, internet are all in working condition so that people can work with peace of mind.
- Timings: although people are working at their own will, there should be timings when the office can be used like from 9 AM to 9 PM at CoSpace. This way you can ensure that that all the necessary facilities are available during that time like security, receptionist, cleaners, snack bars etc.
- Rules: Rules are fundamental when there are lots of people from diverse backgrounds working together. Everyone comes with a unique mindset and way of working. Thus it would be good to have a few general rules set out so that everyone can coexist with minimum disruption.
- Environmental sustainability: as we grow, we are continually depleting natural resources, and it is a significant cause of concern. We should make our office’s environment friendly as much as possible so that we can each play a part in conserving the earth and our environment. The office can have electricity-saving measures like power-saving modes and lights with sensors. You can also have a Go Paperless drive, where everyone can reduce paper waste as much as possible and use recycled paper. Generally, you should reduce, reuse and recycle wherever you can.